


I've now done workshops with the first and second years on how to teach English and other languages to young children. I'm very pleased to say that they went well and the students all gave me positive feedback. I taught them songs and games and gave them advice on how to read a story, give instructions, structure a lesson etc. Here are some comments from the students:
"I liked the variety of activities, songs and games which are really lovely and very useful for doing with children. The workshops gave me good ideas about how to teach English to young children."
"I enjoyed the creative way we learned the different activities, games and songs. It’s really great for us to go through the experience ourselves before doing it with the children."
"I liked how Fiona taught, the classes were great fun, the songs were really catchy. I liked everything about the workshop; it was fantastic!"
"I wish the workshops could have lasted longer because they were very useful and, most of all, great fun."
As you can imagine, it was a real boost to my confidence to read such encouraging comments on the evaluation sheets the students handed in.
It was really fantastic for me to realise that the students were so keen to learn what I had to teach them. The second years were asked to get into groups and plan an activity, like the ones I had done with them, for a class of five-year-olds. At the end of the fortnight of workshops, each group presented their activity and I was really amazed to see how well they did and how much of my advice they'd taken on board.
It was wonderful to be using the skills I'd learned in Spain and be able to pass them on to a new generation of teachers.
I was there. The workshops were fantastic! Well done for all your incredibly hard work :)
ReplyDelete