As you know, Paraguay's winter months are June through to August, more or less. The temperatures have been known to go as low as 0ºC during the night, though I'm pretty sure it's never snowed! This year, we had a cold-ish June but then July, which is usually the coldest month, was beautiful, with temperatures around 25º during the day. August was pretty variable, but generally cool to warm, no extremes either way. Then this week. Monday was warm. Tuesday was pretty hot. Wednesday was extremely hot, at 40º in the afternoon, then Thursday was cold all of a sudden (15-18º) and today (Friday) has been very cold, with an icy breeze - I don't think the temperature has risen above 10º all day! So on Wednesday, we were all walking around in our summer clothes and sandals, complaining about the heat and today we've been wrapped up in layers of woollies because it's sooo cold! Today was the first day all winter when I've been able to see my breath. Crazy! But I love the feeling of the cool air on my face when I'm wrapped up warm. So I've been smiling all day, though I don't think many others have been!

I'm going to have a cup of hot chocolate now and tuck myself up in bed with a book. Mmmm. Perfect!
© Fiona L Cooper 2008
AMEN! I even busted out the mate and put my heated blanket back on the bed.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you haven't known about that blog because I just had the idea to start it, today! :) My other one, though, Jungle Journeys, has been up since I came, though. That's where the good stuff's at :) Question for you- I love how you have categorized your old posts (posts about ministry, paraguay, etc). How did you do that? Also, I like how you have logos that link to the websites. I just have a boring list. How did you do that? Thanks blog braniac.
ReplyDeleteNot missing PY winter here. Check out my latest entry "Mass Transit", I think you will be able to appreciate it.
ReplyDelete