I'd already agreed to take on the responsibility of teaching English to the new degree students we'd be getting this year and then I was asked to lead the Scholarship dept, which felt quite scary and challenging but I was quite content thinking about these two new responsibilities, which felt pretty big to me.
I was feeling quite stunned when I left Gloria. I went and spoke to Sam, who had been the English Co-ordinator until the beginning of last year, only to find out that Gloria and Estela (FEISA's Head) had already mentioned it to her and that she'd told them I'd be good at it!!!! Sleep came slowly on Tuesday night.... and on Wednesday, Gloria and Estela called me in for a meeting, where they formally offered me the job and I accepted, having realised that there was a need for someone to do it and I was the logical person.
I'm not sure at all about whether this is my year. I feel quite out of my depth. Still, God sometimes pushes to uncomfortable places so we learn more about him... I'll let you know if it works!
So here's a current list of my job titles at FEISA:
(in no particular order)
- English Teacher (diploma course)
- English Teacher (degree course)
- English Co-ordinator
- "how to teach English to young children" Teacher
- Teaching Practices Teacher
- Mobile Play Scheme Worker
- Scholarship Co-ordinator
- Communications Co-ordinator (as part of the Donor Relations Team) - including writing the monthly prayer letter...
So this year already feels like a HUGE challenge, though in a good way! And the students aren't even back yet! (they start on Monday)
You´ll be ge GREAT Fiona! I know cos I see your gifts and skills every day :)
ReplyDeleteWell done Fiona
ReplyDeleteI pray you have every success in this year and even greater beyond.
Hope our Lord continues to lead protect you.
Willis