07 March 2007

Fun English for Kids

My workshop on Saturday was a success!

Thank you to all who prayed. It was a miracle, but everything got done in time and I was only a little bit nervous! I spent last week running around doing last minute things like getting my flashcards laminated and recording the songs onto CD (yes, I am officially a Recording Artist!) and supervising the printing and photocopying of the booklet (see the photos below). As you can see, Leo (the graphic designer) did a fantastic job making the booklet look fab. There are similar designs throughout the booklet and it's just wonderful to see my work looking so lovely. The booklet is manual for how to teach English to young children, including advice on classroom management, lesson structure, curriculum development and a prepared curriculum for 5 year olds, including a list of games and songs as well as advice for the first ever lesson. It's taken me about a year to put it together with the flashcards, worksheets and songs, which are now on CDs the participants were able to buy. (All proceeds going to FEISA, of course!)





12 teachers came from different schools in and around Asunción; we sang songs, played games, did a worksheet and looked at how to structure a lesson and how to design a curriculum. I enjoyed it very much and the teachers were very enthusiastic. One has asked me to do a workshop with the other English teachers from her group of schools. There's also the possibility of doing another workshop in the next couple of months, for teachers who didn't hear about this one. We need to work on the publicity a bit more!

Last May we did a workshop on learning through play at the Paraguayan Conference of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Then in September, we went to Argentina to do the same workshop with the Argentinian ACSI Conference. Well ACSI seem to be quite keen to have me do a workshop on teaching English at the Paraguayan Conference this year... Watch this space!!!


4 comments:

  1. Loved your blog entry. Fantastic workshop (I was there!)and wonderful resources. We are privileged to have you in FEISA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, it all looks wonderful, so glad the day went well. I am impressed! Here's to the next one
    God bless, love Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona,

    Well done! I am so glad the workshop went so well! You have put in such a lot of hard work. Paraguay & FEISA are blessed to have you working there.
    God Bless, love Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. The booklet looks amazing! Well done on the workshop.

    ReplyDelete